Friday, June 6, 2008

Fun With Scammers!

I've been looking for a new place to move, and I found one guy whos
clearly a scammer. Heres a few of the emails we've sent back and forth.

hey there, I just ran across your ad on craigslist and Im very interested in taking a look at your suite. is there a time I can come by? Thanks -Nathan

His response:
I am Engineer Francis the owner of the apartment at 789 Drake St Vancouver, BC . I appreciate your interest in my apartment, i am very glad. At the moment i am presently in China on a transfer,I really need someone that can take good care of the apartment while i am away, i want a very clean and tidy tenant.See picture below. Hope to read from you soon.
At this point its clear that hes a scammer, so I started to mess around
and have some fun. My typing gets lazier and my responses are starting to get a little crazy.

Wow! I are very impressed!!
I want to take this condo RIGHT AWAY!!!!1!!
I will pay you a deposit right away, whats the easiest way to send you money!?

Just one minor thing, I have a lil red panda as pet, do you allow small animals?

THANKYOU

-Nathan


his response:

Dear Nathan,
I am happy you want to take the apartment now, i really
want it to be in a very safe hand, because i love
cleaniness. The keys are here with me and as soon as we
reach agreement i will send it to you via DHL. kindly
send us your details as below.

NAME
ADDRESS(WHERE KEYS WILL BE SENT)
CITY
DATE OF BIRTH
PLACE OF BIRTH
RELIGION
OCCUPATION
DATE RENT START
DATE RENT END
REASON FOR RENT APARTMENT
PHONE NUMBER
Concerning the I will want it to be sent via Western Union Money transfer,
upon reply i will give you the information for the payment.

And my reply:

Dearest Francis:
Im so happy to hear that. Im also glad to hear that you love cleanliness. Who doesn't, right?! Its a shame that I can't see the place before I rent it, but this opportunity is so great! Throw caution into the wind!! Carpe Diem!

NAME: Nathan
ADDRESS: 789 Drake st (Im currently living in the same building!!)
CITY: Vancouver
DATE OF BIRTH: dec 1, 1973
PLACE OF BIRTH: Jerusalem, Israel
RELIGION: Jedi
OCCUPATION: coal miner
DATE RENT START:asap
DATE RENT END: 5 years from now
REASON FOR RENT APARTMENT: beautiful palace

And thats where I'm at now. If you have any crazy suggestions, please let me know. Screw you scammer!

1 comment:

butter said...

wow, thats a nice place, if your not gonna take it Im SOOO there!
; )