Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Horton Hears a Who!

Just saw this movie on monday, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised!
I wasn't expecting much, as I thought it would be quite difficult to translate a 20 page book into an hour and a half long feature film. But I have to hand it to the folks over at Blue Sky! They did an excellent job!

Whoville looked effin amazing. My main gripe about the movie is that they didn't show off the wacky Whoville gadgets and inventions enough! There were a few glimpses here and there, (which looked amazing!) But I wanted more!

The animation was, as usual with blue sky, top notch. Great stuff here. Theres always so much I take away after seeing an animated film, I need more viewings to digest it all.

What I enjoyed the most about Horton, was that the film didn't take itself too seriously. Theres a 2 minute Anime scene, an 80's dance number, and a great joke about pooping out rainbows.

Check this one out. Take the kids. You'll have a good laugh.

No comments: