Monday, January 14, 2008

2007 in review!

well, this is a little late I know.
But I thought It'd be a great time for me to record the events of the last year! Family, Friends, I hope you enjoy this post!

Career in review!

Working at Nerdcorps Entertainment has been fun. I've met a lot of great friends there over the last year or so, and I've learned a lot! Working in the television environment is pretty challenging, deadlines are always looming, and after awhile the constant workload does take its toll.

But hey, the show looks great and I couldn't be happier with the crew I get to work with.

I had the opportunity to work a few late nights and overhaul the shows intro. My shots turned out to be pretty simple, but overall the new intro looks pretty rad!!
check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0coRBbQJuD0

(I did 2 shots in this, the one of young dark ace transforming into old dark ace, and the shot where aerrow lands infront of everyone and says "This is my squadron".)

woo hoo!!

Trips in 2007


Well, I'm not much of a traveler- mainly because I am poor. But this year my bro and I saved up and went down to new york for a week. In the words of my good friend Jermaine Dupri, the trip was "Ballin out of Control". Lots of stuff to see, so much cultural diversity, and so much rad stolen stuff on canal street for incredibly low prices!
But, I'm gonna take this chance to apologize to my brother for being a whiny bitch. (in my defense, devan you walk way to effing fast.)


I also got to fly to the wonderland known as Grand Prairie for a weekend to visit my rad sisters, their rough rider loving husbands, and my niece Samantha. (Her CFL team of choice is still undecided).

And I went to the (seriously) beautiful Powell River, for my cousin Shanes wedding. It was a blast, and I cant wait to go back!
I also snapped this rad photo of an unfortunately named doctor.


Music, Movies, and all that other stuff that I'm Into- in review!

Top 5 Films of 07
1.Ratatouille - duh!
2.300 - an hour or so of comic book fights! rad!
3.The Darjeeling limited - Not my favorite Wes Anderson movie, but still great
4.Superbad - mom please don't watch this.
5.Atonement- Sad, touching, and beautiful.

Top 5 cds of 07
1. Radiohead- In Rainbows
2. Broken Social Scene Presents Kevin Drew- sprit if..
3. Interpol - Our Love to Admire
4. Pinback- Autumn of the Seraphs
5. Jose Gonzalez - In Our Nature


Other stuff I wanna say about 2007

Christmas was a lot of fun. I just wanna say thanks to my family and friends for all the good times. It was great catching up! I got a lot of swag and I'm super grateful. Thank you! You guys rule!


2 comments:

Mike Perschon said...

Nathan - you + blog = milk coming out of my nose while laughing.

Dick Machine...too funny.

And I love the "mom don't watch this" comment.

Unknown said...

gotthammer posted first

either he stays up WAY to late

or he's in Japan or something on a different timezone and it's morning

anyways... COOL BLOG, more pics more pics!... where's the molester van @ Jerry's?